Munster Technological University are delighted to announce that the 2nd INGREEN Public Training Workshop will take place virtually on Tuesday March 15th 11:30am-12:45pm (GMT).
‘Closing the Loop – Transforming paper milling side streams into high value prebiotics and bioplastics: An Industrial Collaboration’
This event is part of the INGREEN series showcasing key project developments from consortium partners Innoven, Smurfit Kappa, NovaID, Tecnopackaging and Avecom and is hosted by project partner Munster Technological University. We will take you on a journey from initial identification of the paper milling waste to value opportunity, including the process of validating and prototyping of high quality bioactives which has led to the potential creation of scalable and sustainable value chain solutions for the feed and packaging industries.
Speaker Line up followed by panel Q&A:
- Munster Technological University: Event MC – Dr Helena McMahon
- INNOVEN: Jesùs R Gamero – ‘Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA): The future substitute for synthetic plastics?’
- SMURFIT KAPPA ITALY: Luca Santarlasci – ‘PHA-enriched Biomass Production: Paper Mill Wastewater, Pilot Plant Description, Biomass Production Process’
- NOVAID: Nídia Lourenço – ‘PHA recovery from mixed microbial cultures using green approaches’
- TECNOPACKAGING: Irene Serrano – ‘Production of PHA biodegradable film for bag-in-box- products’
- AVECOM: Kim Windey – ‘Use of PHA in feed : Characterization and use of microbial biomasses for feed applications’