Avecom has two extend laboratories and a production facility which allows to perform R&D starting from preliminary lab testing to proven pilot scale applicability.
Do you have problems with contamination, hygiene, fouling, corrosion, process failure, … which might be due to microorganisms?
We help you identifying the causes and offer possible solutions!
We make a proposal for a molecular microbial analysis of the microbiome, tailor-made for your problem!
- Identification and quantification of specific bacteria and/or enzyme activities in the microbiome.
- Examination of the distribution of the bacteria: areas of microbial growth, biofilm development, microbial influenced corrosion, etc.
- A “fingerprint” of the microbiome gives a barcode of the microbial “team” as it exists. It can serve as a reference to compare microbiomes from different sites, monitoring rounds, environmental conditions, etc.
- Optimizing aimed biological processes or total inhibition of unwanted processes.
- Identification of process bottlenecks and selecting possible solutions.
Different molecular techniques are currently available to acquire such information about the microbiome. Avecom prepares the samples (sludge, soil, process water, groundwater, etc..), contacts world class specialists in molecular biology, interpretes the results interpretation and selects the best strategy.
- qPCR (quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction) - Enables both detection and quantification of specific microorganisms, microbiomes and functional genes.
- DGGE (Denaturing Gradient Gel Electrophoresis) - Molecular technique that generates a “fingerprint” of an unknown microbiome and potentially identifies dominant microorganisms.
- TRLFP (Terminal Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism) - Provides a fingerprint of the microbiome with greater sensitivity than DGGE and can be used for the identification of specific microbial groups.
- Metagenomic profiling - In depth analysis for a problem related to a group of microorganisms.