Molecular monitoring of microbial communities allows you to
- Identify and quantify specific bacteria in the community
- Monitor the microbial community over time
- Comparison of microbial communities from different sites, conditions, ...
Are the bacteria capable to degrade certain contaminants or responsible for specific processes present? And if so, to which extend?
What is the composition of the microbial community?
Monitoring of changing conditions (nutrients, humidity, pH, ...) on the microbial community
Identification and quantification of amongst others:
- Dehalococcoides: general and functional genes (tceA, bvcA, vcrA)
- Sulphate reducing micro-organisms
- Methanogenic micro-organisms