We are pleased to offer you our expertise in selecting, implementing and follow up of the most suitable soil remediation technique via lab scale screening of different remediation techniques.
In case of biological remediation, we suggest the performance of microcosm tests. These are a useful tool since different conditions (natural attenuation, biostimulation and bioaugmentation) can be tested simultaneously, and as such, the best solution can be selected.
Besides these biological remediation tools, Avecom also offers the screening of the potential of chemical oxidantia (ISCO) and chemical reductantia (ISCR).
Avecom has 26 years of experience in selecting the right biological degradation strategy for different soil pollutants from industry and agriculture.
Contaminants suitable for biodegradation include:
- Mineral oil
- BTEX, the chemicals benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylene
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) like naphthalene and biphenyl
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Methyl tert-butyl ether (MTBE)
Degradation of pollutants
The advantages of lab scale tests are:
- Identification of the degradation patterns of pollutants in a relatively short time period using different remediation techniques
- Selection of the most appropriate remediation strategy
- Optimization of the most important process parameters
- Considerable overall decrease of costs and increase of certainty of final outcome
Avecom has a broad expertise in tackling your challenges in soil remediation projects:
- Biological treatment: natural attenuation, biostimulation and bioaugmentation with specific inocula (such as Multidechlorobac)
- In Situ Chemical Oxidation (ISCO): Potassium permanganate (KMnO4), hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), persulphate,...
- In Situ Chemical Reduction (ISCR): Zerovalent iron,...
- Ex Situ Techniques
- Monitoring of pollutant degrading micro organisms by molecular techniques: PCR, RT-PCR, DGGE,...
- Support and optimization of pilot scale and full scale remediation
- Innovative techniques