Efficient phosphate removal without chlorides
Empower is a mixed biosupplement powder for simultaneous phosphorous removal and a better operation of aerobic wastewater treatment plants.
Empower removes phosphate (PO43-) through the activity of Fe2+ and biodegrades recalcitrant compounds through the activity of Mn2+.
Use of Empower results in improved microbiology and better sludge settling through the presence of minerals and trace elements.
The products ensures efficient phosphate removal at low Fe/P ratios whilst containing neither chlorides nor heavy metals.
Packing size: 25 kg
Mixed biosupplement powder for simultaneous phosphorous removal and a better operation of aerobic wastewater treatment plants.
- Removal of phosphate through the activity of Fe2+.
- Biodegradation of recalcitrant compounds through the activity of Mn2+.
- Improved microbiology and better sludge settling through the presence of minerals and trace elements.
- The dose is depending on the incoming phosphate-load.
- Dosing in contact basin or directly in the aeration basin.
- Efficient phosphate-P removal at low Fe/P ratios.
- Contains no chlorides.
- Enhancement of the biology (better sludge settling and effluent quality).
- Decrease of operation expenditures of the installation.
- Aerobic wastewater treatment plants with phosphate removal.
Improve the phosphate removal and the operation of your aerobic wastewater treatment plant!
We are happy to help!
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
firstname.lastname@example.org ; +32 9 375 17 14
Wastewater treatment plant of a brewery
- Anaerobic treatment, followed by
- Aerobic system with nitrification / denitrification
- Volume: 500 m³
- Flow rate: 120 m³ of wastewater/day
- 250 ppm of COD
- 20 - 40 ppm of P
- Initially operated with dosage of FeCl3 40% solution (dosage: 3,3 mol Fe / mol P)
- Legal discharge level: 2 ppm of P
- Increase P-removal efficiency
- Improve sludge settling
- Better effluent quality (COD/TSS/P)
- Full scale test with Empower at different dosing levels
- P < 2 ppm with Empower at 1 mol Fe / mol P influent
- Improvement of sludge sedimentation over time compared with FeCl3 application
- Lower TSS and COD effluent levels compared with FeCl3 application
- Empower is cost competitive with FeCl3 and less expensive than PAC for P removal
- Empower is better for the environment
- No chlorides
- No heavy metals
- Proven secondary effects
- Lower sludge volume
- Better effluent quality
- Confirmed at lab scale testing and at full scale installations
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!