Efficient phosphate removal without chlorides
Empower is a mixed biosupplement powder for simultaneous phosphorous removal and a better operation of aerobic wastewater treatment plants.
Empower removes phosphate through the activity of Fe2+ and biodegrades recalcitrant compounds through the activity of Mn2+.
Use of Empower results in improved microbiology and better sludge settling through the presence of minerals and trace elements.
The products ensures efficient phosphate removal at low Fe/P ratios whilst containing neither chlorides nor heavy metals.
Packing size: 25 kg
Wastewater treatment plant of a brewery
- Anaerobic treatment, followed by
- Aerobic system with nitrification / denitrification
- Volume: 500 m³
- Flow rate: 120 m³ of wastewater/day
- 250 ppm of COD
- 20 - 40 ppm of P
- Initially operated with dosage of FeCl3 40% solution (dosage: 3,3 mol Fe / mol P)
- Legal discharge level: 2 ppm of P
- Increase P-removal efficiency
- Improve sludge settling
- Better effluent quality (COD/TSS/P)
- Full scale test with Empower at different dosing levels
- P < 2 ppm with Empower at 1 mol Fe / mol P influent
- Improvement of sludge sedimentation over time compared with FeCl3 application
- Lower TSS and COD effluent levels compared with FeCl3 application
- Empower is cost competitive with FeCl3 and less expensive than PAC for P removal
- Empower is better for the environment
- No chlorides
- No heavy metals
- Proven secondary effects
- Lower sludge volume
- Better effluent quality
- Confirmed at lab scale testing and at full scale installations
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!